How to choose the RIGHT chiropractor for my kids
You may have heard that pediatric chiropractic can really help your kids to live their best lives. After all, research shows a positive correlation between chiropractic care and ADD/ADHD, asthma and in infants, a decreased occurrence of colic, digestion issues, and allergies. But what does taking your kids to the chiropractor actually look like for your family and how do you find the right one?
There are so many chiropractors nowadays that I want to help you narrow the field of choices to the one that is right for your family.
Things to look for in a Pediatric Chiropractor:
- The chiropractor should have advanced training and certifications in pediatric and prenatal care. Regular DCs don’t get a lot of training in pediatrics so you should try to find someone who has done the extra work to learn more about pediatric care, and in cases of prenatal care, the Webster Technique as well. The best way to search in your area is to check out the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association (ICPA) website for providers in your area.
2. Check the chiropractor’s website and social media. Do they post about children or mostly adults? Because kids are a different ballgame, there is additional training and information that chiropractors should be aware of and prepared for when adjusting kids
3. Check out their reviews/testimonials on Google, Facebook, Yelp, and Website. Do their practice members mention family/kids care?
4. Go in and check out the office to see what the energy and vibe are like before you sign up for care.
5. Ask the doctor to share about their experiences, additional training, and certifications. Call and ask if they have taken the ICPA modules.
The key is to find the right chiropractor- not just the first one you come across!
If you’re local to Altamonte Springs, you can book an evaluation with us below. If you’re outside of the area, feel free to contact us here and we will help you find someone locally to you!